Rainbow Photonics was founded as a spin-off company from the Nonlinear Optics Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, in 1997. The company offers a series of novel terahertz instruments for imaging and spectroscopy. Their technology uses organic crystals for fast electro-optics and terahertz-wave generation and detection.
Rainbow Photonics was founded as a spin-off company from the Nonlinear Optics Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, in 1997. The company offers a series of novel terahertz instruments for imaging and spectroscopy.
TeraSys®-AiO: Spectroscopy and Analysis of Materials in the THz Range up to 20 THz
The TeraSys-AiO provides a flexible solution for laboratory THz spectroscopy and imaging. It offers maximum flexibility with measurement capabilities in transmission and reflection without realignment of the optics. It is based on organic crystals, to allow access to terahertz frequencies not available with conventional antennas. The TeraSys-AiO includes all optical, mechanical and electronic components for the generation and detection of THz waves such as delay line, terahertz generator, terahertz detector, pump source optics, electronics, humidity sensor, purge chamber, dedicated software, and laptop.
- THz Generator/Detector: DSTMS
- Spectral Range: 0.3-14 THz (transmission); 0.3-8 THz (reflection)
- Dynamic Range: >70 dB (transmission); >40 dB (reflection)
- Signal to Noise (@4 THz): >60 dB (transmission); >35 dB (reflection)
- Scan Range: Up to 60 ps (transmission); Up to 60 ps (reflection)
- Frequency Resolution: <100 GHz (transmission); <100 GHz (reflection)
TeraTune®: Tunable Narrowband Terahertz Source with a Tuning Range of 1.5 to 20 THz
The TeraTune provides a tunable narrowband terahertz source with a tuning range from 1.5 to 20 THz and a bandwidth of less than 100 GHz. The basic TeraTune is based on a flash lamp pumped laser (repetition rate 50 Hz to 200 Hz) with a special optical parametric oscillator (OPO) where one wavelength is tuned electronically with a special design to keep the bandwidth below 100 GHz. Other diode pumped laser systems can be offered. The variable wavelength is calibrated and the THz difference frequency is computer controlled (tuning range 1 to 20 THz). Terahertz radiation is generated via frequency mixing in the novel organic nonlinear optical crystal DSTMS, ideally suited to achieve highest terahertz conversion efficiency. The TeraTune includes all optical, mechanical, and electronic components for the generation of THz waves and software control.
- THz Frequency Tunable: 1-20 THz
- Output THz Pulse Bandwidth: <100 GHz
- Average THz Power: 1−10 μW
- THz Pulse Energy: 10−100 nJ
- Polarization: Linear
TeraKit®: Spectroscopy and Analysis of Materials in the THz Range up to 20 THz
The TeraKit provides a flexible solution for laboratory THz spectroscopy and is available in two options: Transmission and Reflection. It is based on organic crystals, to allow access to different terahertz frequencies not yet available with conventional antennas and allows spectroscopy and analysis of materials in the THz range up to 20 THz (depending on the pump laser). The TeraKit includes an optical path with delay line, terahertz generator, terahertz detector, optics and electronics. It can be used with any femtosecond laser source.
- Spectral Range: 1-14 THz (transmission); 1-8 THz (reflection)
- Best Phase Matchable Wavelength: 1300-1600 nm (transmission and reflection)
- Scanning Range: 50 x 50 mm2 or 100 x 100 mm2
TeraIMAGE®: Terahertz Imaging and Spectroscopy up to 10 THz
The TeraIMAGE offers a flexible solution for laboratory THz spectroscopy and imaging. It is based on organic crystals, to allow access to THz frequencies not yet available with conventional antennas. The TeraIMAGE includes all optical, mechanical and electronic components for the generation and detection of THz waves such as delay line, THz generator, detector, optics, electronics, dedicated software and laptop. It also features a scanning mechanism for the measurement of phase and full-spectrum images. As the TeraKit, it can also be used with various telecom wavelength lasers. Ideal for identification and detection of dangerous substances and biomedical materials, as well as for materials testing of plastic, special polymers and semiconductors. The scan area is 50 x 50 mm2. Systems also offered that allow imaging of larger areas.
- Spectral Range: 1-14 THz (with ~50 fs pump laser)
- Best Phase Matchable Wavelength: 1300-1600 nm
- Scanning Range: 50 x 50 mm2; 100 x 100 mm2 optional
Terahertz Generators and Detectors
Terahertz generators and detectors are produced and optically prepared at the facilities of Rainbow Photonics in Switzerland.
- Efficient THz generation using optical rectification of femtosecond pump pulses
- Efficient THz generation using nonlinear optical difference frequency generation
- Optimized for pump wavelengths of 1.2−1.6 μm; 0.7−0.8 μm available upon request
- Efficient electro-optic THz detector
- Aperture: 2, 3, 4 or 5 mm; others upon request
- Damage threshold: 150 GW/cm2 @150 fs pulse length
- Photon conversion efficiency: 2×10-4/MW-peak-power
The MPMS 3 incorporates major advances in data acquisition, temperature control and magnetic field control with ≤10-8 emu sensitivity. The award- winning design of Quantum Design’s MPMS 3 also provides expanded software functionality within its user-friendly MultiVu interface.
This is considered the standard type of self-sensing cantilever. It exhibits a sharp tip made of silicon with a tip radius of <15 nm. Normally, the cantilever is delivered on our cantilever PCB (CL-PCB) with a small 10 pin connector on its lower side. On request you can order only the Si chip without PCB […]