VersaLab™ 3 Tesla, Cryogen-free Vibrating Sample Magnetometer
Quantum Design introduces its first portable, cryogen-free cryocooler-based Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM) – VersaLab. With a sensitivity of better than 10-6 emu/rt-Hz, this 3-tesla VSM has a temperature range of 50 to 400 K.
As with all Quantum Design instruments, VersaLab VSM is a fully automated turnkey system with a user-friendly interface, and utilizes technology developed for Quantum Design’s popular Physical Property Measurement System (PPMS®). VersaLab is specifically designed for magnetic characterization up to 3 tesla and over a wide temperature range without the need of liquid cryogens. Utilizing a new approach to cryocooler equipment design, VersaLab employs a new 4He-based temperature control system and gas flow technology that eliminates the need for liquid cryogens.
VersaLab gives the user:
- Free space in the lab because of its compact size and portability
- Free time while the automated instrument performs measurements
- Freedom from liquid cryogens
- Freedom from cooling water and high power requirements
- A single hardware configuration for all temperatures, fields, and magnetic moments
- VSM: < 10-6 emu with 1 sec averaging
- Heat capacity
- Electrical Transport
- Oven up to 1000 K